Resilience, Wellness, And Well-Being
The Resilience, Wellness, and Well-being (RWW) Center at Pratt is dedicated to creating a culture where the entire Pratt community can flourish and thrive through our focus on connection, engagement, support, and well-being.
What do we mean by resilience, wellness, and well-being?
Resilience is a measurement of a person’s ability to cope with difficulties and recover from hard circumstances—to navigate adversity and grow through life and challenges.
Wellness describes the insight gained and actions taken in pursuit of optimal health (social, physical, emotional, spiritual, etc). Think of wellness as a journey of acquiring knowledge and shifting behaviors, not as a state defined by the presence or absence of disease or illness.
Well-being is one’s level of contentment with their present life circumstances. Well-being is about judging life through a more positive lens to feel better throughout your day-to-day life. This includes experiencing positive emotions and engagement in and outside of school, developing growth mindsets, practicing mindfulness and contemplative practices, and developing meaningful relationships.
How we help cultivate well-being:
From drop-in meditation and student resources to faculty development workshops that support student flourishing across the Pratt campus, RWW advances the work of Pratt’s creative community through mindful inquiry, engaged programming, and contemplative pedagogy, including:
● Student, Staff, and Faculty Training and Development: Curricular and Co-curricular courses and programs such as the COMPOSE series, Meditation Incubator, and Art of Well-being course are offered on a semesterly basis.
● Tiered Support and Self-Care: We engage with the community through our signature programs the the Farm to Campus and our Mindful Pratt drop-ins as well as through on-going programming such as coffee/tea breaks, cooking classes, and more throughout the year. You can stay up to date using our well-being calendar.
● Health Promotion: Embed health and well-being into all aspects of campus culture including programs, education and operations to support a whole campus approach to healthy lifestyles. Follow our instagram and Twitter @HealthyPratt.
● Food Access Services including the Pratt Pantry, resources in and near NYC, and tips to save money and shop smarter.
● One on One Appointments: Meetings to discuss, explore, and plan ways to improve your well-being in a variety of areas can be set up by emailing the office or through StarFish. Meetings types:
- Health Coach with Jasmine Cuffie
Eating well, Sleeping well, Moving well, Living well
- Resilience and Positive Change with Sam Harvey Mindfulness and Stress Management
- Resilience and Positive Change
● Resources: We are constantly sharing and developing new resources. Check out our website for more information.
Associate Director, Health Promotion & Well-Being Specialist
Assistant Director, Creative Resilience & Well-being Programs
Program Administrative Assistance